Recovit NP Tablet 10’S
What is RECOVIT NP?
Recovit NP tablet is a nutritional supplement given during pregnancy. It contains l-methyl folate, pyridoxal-5-phosphate and mecobalamin which effectively treats and prevents anemia due to lack of red blood cells, anemia due to pregnancy and other neonatal complications during pregnancy.
Folic acid is the man-made form of folate. Pregnant women should receive adequate amounts of folic acid either through their diet or supplements to prevent infant spinal cord birth defects. Folic acid prevents NTDs (neural tube defects) like anencephaly (a brain defect) or spina bifida (spinal cord defect) and reduces the risk of birth defects like cleft lip, cleft palate, some heart defects in developing fetus. It is also important for the growth of the placenta, synthesis of DNA and the development of the baby. Mecobalamin is important for maintaining the health of your nervous system, but it’s also believed that when combined with folic acid during pregnancy, it can help to prevent spina bifida and other spinal and central nervous system birth defects in your baby, too.
Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate, an active form of vitamin B6 plays an important role in the prevention of pre-eclampsia, a pregnancy complication characterized by high blood pressure and signs of damage to another organ system, most often the liver and kidneys, and in babies being born too early (preterm birth). It may also be helpful for reducing nausea in pregnancy.
Key Composition of Recovit NP tablet:
- L-methyl folate
Therapeutic uses of Recovit NP tablet:
- It is used as a nutritional supplement during pregnancy to prevent or treat anemia
- It is also used to prevent NTDs (neural tube defects), spina bifida (spinal cord defect) and pre-eclampsia in developing fetus
- It also reduces the risk of birth defects like cleft lip, cleft palate, some heart defects in developing fetus
Side effects of Recovit NP tablet:
Recovit NP tablet is generally safe without any side effects. However, if you experience any unusual symptoms like headache or stomach pain, check with your physician.
How to manage side effects:
Try to rest and relax. You can also eat and drink slowly or have smaller and more frequent meals. If you are in a lot of pain, speak to your doctor.
Rest and drink plenty of fluids. Do not drink too much alcohol. Ask your doctor to recommend a painkiller.
- Always take this medicine as directed by your physician.
- Swallow the medicine as whole with a glass of water.
- Do not crush or chew the medicine.
- Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children.
- It should be used with caution in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before taking.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you use, including prescription and non-prescription medicines and herbal supplements.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store protected from light and moisture at a temperature not exceeding 30°C.
Can Recovit NP tablet be taken by children?
No. This medicine is not recommended for use in children. Consult your doctor before taking.
Can Recovit NP tablet be given to pregnant women?
Yes. This medicine is a nutritional supplement given during pregnancy.
What are the uses of Recovit NP tablet?
It is used as a nutritional supplement during pregnancy to prevent or treat anemia. It is also used to prevent NTDs (neural tube defects), spina bifida (spinal cord defect) and pre-eclampsia in developing fetus. It also reduces the risk of birth defects like cleft lip, cleft palate, some heart defects in developing fetus.